RVCE Bangalore – R.V. College of Engineering
Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE) is a private technical college in Bangalore. The college was established in the year 1963 and is one of the earliest self-financing engineering colleges. It is managed by Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust. The institute is one of the country’s leading engineering institute. The college was ranked 58th in 2018 and 63rd in 2019 by NIRF.
The college has 14 departments which offer 12 UG programmes and 21 PG programmes. The college has multiple collaborations with international institutions for consultancy activities, research activities, lab setup, research and development and more. They have tie-ups with Deeproot Linux Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bosch Rexroth, SAP India Pvt. Limited, etc.
RVCE Bangalore offers a student exchange program in collaboration with the University of Applied Science Würzburg-Schweinfurt from Bavaria, Germany. Students who have completed a certification course at RVCE will be eligible to apply to study at FHWS in Mechatronics, Business and Engineering and Logistics in any engineering program. During the course, a six-month internship also has to be done.
RVCE Bangalore Highlights
|Year of establishment||1963|
|College rankings||70 for Engineering by NIRF in 202063 for Private Engineering by NIRF in 2019|
|Modes of education||Full-time|
|Number of courses offered||35 courses in 3 streams|
|Total no. of seats||1200|
|Total Scholarships disbursed||4|
|Salary offered (2019)HighestAverage||Rs 50 LPARs 8.63 LPA|
|Affiliation||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
RVCE Bangalore Admission Process
The application process for admissions to BTech commences with the online registrations for JEE Mains/KCET (for Karnataka candidates)/COMEDK (for outside Karnataka candidates), and the application process for admissions to PG courses commences with the online registrations for GATE/PGCET. The application fee can be paid via Bank Challan or Demand Draft (drawn in favor of Executive Director Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore).
Admissions to all the programme is based on the scores obtained in the required entrance exam, followed by the Counseling. Interested candidates can refer to below mentioned details about RVCE admission process:
- Admission to BTech programme is based on the scores obtained in KCET 2020/ COMEDK 2020/ JEE Mains 2020
- Securing an admission in MCA programme require a valid score in GATE 2020
- For admissions to MCA programme, candidates must have a valid score in PGCET 2020
- For the Karnataka residing candidates, the selection to BE course is done on the basis of KCET 2020 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- For the non-Karnataka residing candidates, the selection of the candidates to BE course is done on the basis of marks scored in COMEDK 2020 examination
- 45% seats are filled through KCET, 30% seats are filled based on COMEDK 2020 and 25% seats are reserved for Management, all merit-based quota
- 80% seats are reserved for students appearing in GATE 2020 and PGCET 2020 exam and 20% seats are reserved for Management Quota
- 20% of seats of the MCA programme are given to those applying in Lateral Entry through KEA counseling
RVCE Bangalore Courses
RVCE offers a full-time four year BTech programme in 12 specialisations, namely Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, and many more. It also offers full-time two year MCA and MTech programme at PG level.
MTech is offered in 13 specialistions, including Highway Technology, Information technology, Biomedical Signal Processing & Instrumentation, and many more. Mentioned below are the key RVCE courses along with the edibility criteria and fee structure:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Annual Fee (in Rs lakh)|
|BE– Computer Science Engineering-Civil Engineering- Electronics and Electrical Engineering||Qualifying exam: KCET/ COMEDK/ JEE MainsCandidates must have cleared Class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 65% in science stream||3.90|
|MCA||Qualifying exam: PGCETCandidates must have BCA or any graduation degree in allied disciplines with Mathematics, statistics, Computer Science or computer applications as main subjects with minimum aggregate 50 (45% for reserved category)||1.62|
|MTech– Digital Communicational Engineering- Communication Systems- Software Engineering||Qualifying exam: GATECandidates must have BE/ BTech as bachelor’s degree||1.28|
RVCE Bangalore Placements
RVCE placements have seen an upward trend in recent years. The placement cell assists students in improving their technical and interpersonal skills. Placement & Training department conducts value added programmes such as the personality development, technology training and bridge courses as per the requirements of the industry. Mentioned below are the key 2019 placements highlights:
- A total of 1452 offers were made by 230 companies against 1191 offers by 245 companies in 2018
- The highest package was Rs 50 LPA, and the average package was Rs 8.63 LPA
- Some of the prominent recruiters that visited the campus were 24/7 Customer Private Limited, Delloite, Kirloskar Oil Engines, Accenture and Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd., and many more
RVCE Bangalore Scholarships
RVCE scholarships are either awarded on merit or means basis. Students can apply for government scholarships and to scholarships offered by external organisations. Furthermore, college provides corporate scholarship of Rs 4.2 LPA to students on merit cum means basis, this has been offered to approximately 90 beneficiaries till now.
Following are the scholarships to which students can apply:
- National Merit Scholarships
- SJ Jindal Scholarships
- NCERT Scholarships
- Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA)